Dunning Golf Club

Situated below the slopes of the Ochil Hills, the lovely Perthshire village of Dunning is steeped in history, from the Iron Age fort at Dun Knock, through to the 1st Century Roman camp at Kincladie and a monument commemorating the last witch in Scotland, Maggie Wall, who was burnt in 1657. Add a 17th century St Serf's church and the famous 9th century Pictish Dupplin Cross and you will be playing golf at one of Scotland's ancient settlements.

In 1907 a group of local people cut into the hill above the village at Mains of Pitcairns Farm and along the Dunning burn to create 9 holes of golf. Sheep grazed there and it was not uncommon in these early days to have to sweep the sheep droppings off the greens!

In 1946 Lord Rollo of Pitcairn gifted the villagers the Alley Park to be used for all sporting and recreational purposes. It was to be named the Rollo Park. A new committee was formed and at the cost of £3 a plan was drawn up by Joe Anderson of Perth to create 9 holes.