Founded in 1892, Rothesay Golf Club was moved, extended and relaid out by James Braid in 1908, with a first tee only ¾ of a mile from Rothesay pier. Over the course of the 20th century mostfamous golfers played and enthused about the course. The course circles around Canada Hill which at about 400ft gives spectacular views of the Firth of Clude, the Cowal Hills, Lochs Ridden and Striven, the Mull of Kintyre, the isle of Arran and the Ayrshire Hills.
Innellan Golf Club is a nine hole course located above Innellan village and can offer some panoramic views over the Firth of Clyde. Many visitors to our course comment that the green fee was wellworth the views alone. The course was established in 1891 and has undergone a few changes since that time to develop into the par 64 layout that is used today. Amongst the golfing challenges that our course presents the signature hole must be the par 4 sixth.