We apologise for the unavalability of our website over the past few weeks but this was due to a hacker installing malicious scripts onto the pages through our FTP server.
The course was originally run and maintained by Durham Council until a takeover by the members in July 2011. This golf course stands on the site of the old West Pelton Colliery ( Handen Hold Pit ). The first shaft was sunk in 1860. Old mine plans show that the area had been worked for coal prior to 1777. The club house is built over the foundations of the old gasometer. The resolution to provide a golf course was made in 1973. Planning permission granted 1977. The National Coal Board started opencast extraction of 90,000 tonnes of coal in 1981.
Phase 1 Autumn 1983 - Trees, greens, drainage, fencing, roads, paths. Phase 2 Summer 1986 - Club house and car park. This community golf course measures 6152 yards off the medal tees, (par 71), and 5672 yards off the yellows, (par 70).
Reviews and Ratings
We do not have any reviews about Roseberry Grange Golf Club available right now.